Teach on your terms
When and how you want.
Earn up to
CHF 9,600 per month
The further we are apart, the more we are in this together.
We have introduced live online music lessons to enable you to continue doing what you love best. You are free to tailor secure online lessons to your liking. Pick your schedule. Find inspiring people. Continue your journey.
Benefits for teachers
Have more freedom
Continue to teach in times of physical distancing
Forget about boring stuff
Earning made simple
Features of Matchspace
Always free for teachers
Listing your lessons and courses is free of charge.
Reach the right audience
Easy and secure to use
Help your students grow
Teaching in 3 steps
Create your profile and lessons
Decide when and how you want to teach
Teach your first lesson and get paid quickly
Simple, seamless payments
List your lessons for free
You can advertise your lessons to future students with no strings attached – no sign-up charges or membership fees.
Charge what you want
Get paid quickly
Matchspace releases your funds 24 hours after a student has taken your lesson.
Matchspace Percussion teacher
Every lesson or course submitted to Matchspace is reviewed to make sure it meets our three quality standards: expertise, passion for teaching and connection. Once published, a lesson must continue to uphold these standards to ensure that it meets students’ expectations.
- Expertise: Our teachers are highly skilled and deeply passionate about what they do. They don’t just provide a standardised curriculum, they bring their expertise and experience to life.
- Passion for teaching: The real difference between a mediocre and an excellent teacher is that the latter makes learning a joy. Our teachers are committed to developing the unique talents of each student. They are creative in coming up with different ways to explain a concept, identify problems quickly and find solutions to help solve those problems, they are strongly committed to fundamentals, are not afraid to challenge students to push themselves, believe that everyone can reach their full potential, use targets and assignments and they make lessons fun.
- Connection: Teachers are dedicated to creating meaningful human connections. Students will generally learn better if they feel a connection with their teacher, whether it’s through humour, showing you care about their development, or making sure you devote time and enthusiasm to every student and every lesson.
Accuracy: Teachers must provide complete and accurate information about their profile, their listing (such as course description, location and calendar availability) and any other relevant information requested by Matchspace. Teachers are responsible for ensuring that their listing information (including calendar availability) is current at all times.
Commitment to bookings: Teachers must honor all booked lessons and Matchspace’ cancellation policy.
Listings that don’t meet any of the above standards may be removed from Matchspace.
If you don’t have a Matchspace account yet, go to Matchspace and click ‘Sign Up’.
You can sign up using your email address, Facebook account, or Google account. Signing up and creating a Matchspace account is free.
After you sign up, be sure to complete your profile and lesson description. You will be guided through the process step-by-step. See also the three steps described in the section above “Teaching in 3 steps”.
A good profile is first and foremost authentic, i.e. it is truthful and accurate. Second, it must be relevant, i.e. it covers what a student wants to know in order to understand your teaching philosophy, educational background and practical experience. Third, it should be differentiating, i.e. it describes what makes you and your lessons special and different from other courses. When a student reads your profile and lesson description, they should know what to expect from you and your lessons.
You can work full time or part-time. You define your schedule and how many lessons you wish to teach.
Your course can only be booked when it is paid. Also, we protect our teachers from short-notice cancellations or no-shows. Any cancellation within less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged to the student. Cancellations with more than 24 hours’ notice can be rescheduled at no extra charge. Learn more about Matchspace’ cancellation policy in the Help Center.
Matchspace releases your lesson fee 24 hours’ after a student has taken your lesson. The payment will be processed automatically through the secure payment services of Stripe and credited to the teachers’ bank account provided during the sign up process.
Report requests for offsite payment
If a Matchspace student asks you to pay off site or through another company, report it to us.
To report a fraudulent email
If you receive an email from anyone (including an email@example.com or any other firstname.lastname@example.org email address) asking you to pay or accept payment offsite, let us know immediately.
Types of scams
Always carefully examine emails claiming to be from Matchspace. Never share your email address outside the Matchspace platform.
Examples of common scams include:
- Advance Fee Scam: Someone offers to pay you, or give you something, if you pay through a service outside of Matchspace.
- Phishing Scam: Someone sends an email, or link that looks like it’s from Matchspace, or another trusted site. These messages are designed to trick you into providing confidential information such as passwords or other email addresses. Phishing messages may contain malware, which is malicious software that gains access to your computer to gather your personal information, including passwords.
- Overpayment Scam: Someone offers to pay a teacher more than the price of the lesson, and then asks the teacher to give them cash to cover the difference.
- Third-Party Booking Scam: Someone offers to reserve and pay for a Matchspace listing through their third-party website or service, often claiming to have a Matchspace coupon or discount. These reservations are typically paid for using stolen credit cards.
Matchspace charges the teacher a service fee of 20%. This will be calculated on the basis of the lesson fee and automatically deducted before payment of the lesson fee. The service fee helps us run our platform, advertise the lessons, and provide secure, automated payment processing and customer support.
There are two opportunities to earn coupons:
- Invite a friend: You earn coupons when the friend you invited books a lesson.
- Refer a teacher: You earn coupons when your referral signs up as a teacher.
Your invited friend or referred teacher will also receive a coupon that can be redeemed against any future lesson booking. To earn coupons, send a referral link to your friends or teachers to join Matchspace. You find the referral links in the main menu of our Matchspace App (‘Invite Friends’ and ‘Refer a Teacher’). Your coupons will show up automatically on the checkout page of any future lesson booking.